Give Thanks By Giving Plants
Sending a gift to the host or hostess of Thanksgiving dinner is a lovely way to say thanks before or after the event, but deciding what to give can be a challenge. Many of the traditional host and hostess gifts are fleeting. Fresh flowers die within a few days. Candles burn within a few weeks, and candy and fruit gets quickly consumed.
A living plant, on the other hand, can bring beauty to a person’s home for years, and Giving Plants has a wide selection of options that are perfect for Thanksgiving gift giving. Here are our Top 5 Plants to send for giving thanks:
- Cottage Herb Basket. This charming shabby chic basket comes full of herbs that are ready for picking to add to recipes or to add some lush green beauty to any room of the home. Handcrafted, the basket (http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving/cottage-herb-basket.html) is produced from natural wicker and bark, and it fits perfectly on a windowsill to give the herb garden plenty of light. The herbs included vary and will be carefully chosen in order to include the freshest, most attractive plants currently available.
- Aromatic Lavender Plant in Wicker Basket. With this lovely living plant, you can give someone special the gift of color and scent. The lavender blossoms have a beautiful fragrance that is said to alleviate stress and promote relaxation, making this lovely wood-trimmed wicker planter (http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving/aromatic-lavender-plant-in-wicker-basket.html) perfect for anyone’s bedroom or living room. Lavender can also be used as a seasoning for cooking, and DIY types can even press its flowers to create their own fragrant lavender oil to make skin care, hair care and cleaning products.
- Gardenia in a Decorative Cache Pot. Send these plants ahead of Thanksgiving dinner, and your host or hostess can use it as a centerpiece on the big day! The white cache pot (http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving/gardenia-in-a-decorative-cache-pot.html) has an elegant look with a traditional raised relief pattern along its top and bottom. The beautiful gardenia plant will treat the recipient of your gift to fragrant, beautiful white flowers for years to come. Fragrant gardenias can also be transplanted outdoors the following spring.
- Reclaimed Wood Birdhouse with Succulents. If the person you’re shopping for has limited space, this charming hanging planter (http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving/succulent-bird-cage-container.html) is the perfect solution. He or she can hang it indoors until spring arrives and then move it onto the porch or patio. This mini birdhouse or keep it inside to enjoy in all seasons. The charming birdhouse planter contains a mix of succulents and is made from sustainable reclaimed hardwood.
- Small Cactus Garden. Even if the recipient of your gift doesn’t have a green thumb, he or she will be able to make this cacti garden grow (http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving/cactus-garden-small.html). The 6-inch decorative planter contains cacti in a mix of sizes and shapes, and each species included requires only minimal watering to thrive. The planter includes six different cactus plants, in all, placed amongst a bed of attractive red rocks that will add Southwestern color to any room of the home.
If you want to say thanks to your Thanksgiving host or hostess or tell someone that you’re thankful to have them in your life this holiday season, Giving Plants gives you an easy, green way to do it. Browse our entire selection of Thanksgiving plants and find a gift anyone would be thankful to receive!
[ADD BUTTON LINKING TO THANKSGIVING PLANTS – http://www.givingplants.com/by-holiday/thanksgiving.html ]